14th Wedding Anniversary!
So this year, with the testimony and privilege of celebrating my 14th wedding anniversary, I can safely say that I’ve been on the track of wholeheartedly serving the Lord for approximately 15years now. This having been said, I heard the Lord say to me this morning that I’ve been so broken and full of hurt, pain and unforgiveness that I was not even aware of, that I have been incapable of fully receiving His Love.
This statement completely flawed me, as I have on many occassions been slain in the absolute Love of our generous Father, but with the Lord showing me through 3 different friends and relatives that I have unforgiveness that needs to be dealt with, I spent time with Him on this issue, fasting and praying and He has been at work again!
The way I fast and pray, which works for me(after a bit of trial and error, over a few years) this is not strictly following a certain biblical way of fasting, but I feel more a relational way…
My 5 steps to fasting relationally…
- I ask the Lord what to fast about, in this instance, the fasting topic was brought to my attention first, most of the time my fasting has been as a response to what the Lord has shown me needs attention. There are other times I fast, for instance, on a weekly basis for my family which is a certain day and time weekly, when I ask the Lord what to fast about this week and He responds to me and tells me the topic of this week’s fast for that set time.
- Once I know the topic, I ask the Lord how long to fast for? Is it a day, an hour, a week, but the Lord is gracious and generous. I used to be able to do 30day fasts when you only eat something small in the evening after sunset etc, but, now that I have a whole family to look after I can’t seem to manage those fasts and be a blessing to my family, while not eating… go figure!
- I ask the Lord what to fast, or what type of fast to have? Certain things in my menu have been important to me at certain times of my life. At this stage of my life I’ve given up my evening cuppa along with meat for 3weeks… this takes it’s toll, not really recommended unless you see your doc first especially for ladies! When I was younger T.V. played a major role of 2 or so hours in my life and I would give that up to fast and pray at that time.
- I don’t know if it’s considered theologically correct, or not, but, then I start to pray, just in tongues, ask God to open my eyes to see what He sees in the situation and what to pray for and how. Then I continue my days as usual, I fast at the times I would have had the coffee or meat I say to the Lord, ‘Lord, God, I am fasting and giving this up to you and praying as we discussed , please would You release this to me or free this one from that or whatever the request is.
- As with all things the Lord is faithful in all He does! He reveals and answers the prayers as we ask Him and trust Him. There are times, as with this time of fasting for unforgiveness for me, that it is necessary to ask someone in a position of leadership, revelation or having experience in the same area to pray with you through, for, or into breakthrough for that issue. Trust the Lord to show you the right person for that, don’t just take the first person that comes to mind, you could get hurt, wait on Him.
Then anytime you’re alone get into the Presence of God, housework is my most dangerous time. I spend hours worshipping, crying, singing, dancing and breakthrough comes in the most magnificent manner…
All Glory to God as He does His infamous open-heart surgery without even needing to delve into the details, He works, He removes, He re-inserts His Love, His beliefs of how He sees us, made us and what He has for us; His paradigms for us to be whole, as He intended us to be, healed and returned to Him to accomplish His dreams He placed within us since the beginning of time to establish all He called us to!
Thank You Lord, in Jesus Mighty Name have Your way in our lives!
Let me know if this has helped you or some tips on how you fast, love to hear from you!
God bless, love